The Metro Atlanta Youth Football League (MAYFL) is a non-profit organization that serves Metro Atlanta and surrounding counties.
The purpose of this league is to provide a wholesome and faith based environment for the benefit of children in the Metro Atlanta area.
We do so in the following ways:
- Promote and maintain physical exercise, physical fitness, and moral well-being of children.
- Support the educational initiatives and endeavors of the cities, clubs and youth involved in our league.
- Engage, assist, encourage, participate, and teach the fundamentals of American Football and Cheerleading.
- To promote the ideals of good citizenship, sportsmanship and honor among children in a competitive atmosphere.
- Promote and oversee amateur games, contests sports and athletics while elevating the standards and competitive level of amateur athletics.
- Foster and encourage community pride through local amateur athletics.
- Promote Safety First in all athletic endeavors.
- Instill wholesome values in youths and young adults.
- Enact and establish rules and regulations governing such games, contest, competitions and exhibitions classifying those participating therein, determining and defining awards and prizes for winning contests, defining and awarding tokens and insignia of championships and determining and defining breaches and infractions of its rules and regulations, and imposing penalties therefore in accordance with the law.
- Exercise disciplinary authority so far as is lawful over all persons engaged in such games, competitions, and exhibitions to the end that amateur games and contest may be subject to clean, dignified competition.
- Assist in combating juvenile delinquency by providing and promoting the physical and emotional well-being of young athletes.
- All other ways as are necessary in order to accomplish our only purpose