“Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.”
The League’s objectives shall be:
- To provide a wholesome competitiveness within the scope of our rules and regulations that will protect the youth athletes;
- To influence good sportsmanship, teamwork, highest moral and physical standards and the importance of scholarship by recognizing and rewarding academic achievement;
- To make Youth Football ALL-INCLUSIVE by not excluding participants based on superficial factors (such as weight);
- To recognize and reward Organizations, Coaches, Volunteers, and those involved in the sport of football and cheerleading who exemplify the highest degree of Integrity, Honor and Servant Leadership (ability to put the team ahead of self in every decision, accepts and fulfills a role);
- To provide opportunities for success and fun, regardless of organizational size or player talent; and,
- To annually communicate, update, and revise the rule book in order to provide clear, concise and consistent rules, thereby eliminating real or perceived violations of those stated rules. This allows for strict enforcement of rules, whether a direct violation or a violation of the spirit of the rule, thereby, ensuring the integrity of MAYFL and fair play by all. Understanding always that this is a youth organization and we are all role models for our youth.